923 Forrest Boulevard
Decatur, GA 30030
mascot & colors
The Explorer is the school's mascot, as chosen overwhelmingly by students and community members in an open vote. Also selected by vote are the school's uniform colors of pale blue and navy blue.
The Museum School of Avondale Estates is a member of the Georgia Charter Schools Association, an advocate and service provider for all public charter schools in the state. Learn more about GCSA by clicking the logo.
the museum school ...
- Is public, chartered by the DeKalb County Board of Education and open to all students in the attendance zone, based on available space.
- Is free.
- Opened Aug. 9, 2010.
- Includes grades K-8 in the 2015-2016 school year
- Limits classroom size to 20 students in grades K-3, 22 students in grades 4-5 and 24 students in grades 6-8.
- Offers gifted and special education programs.
- Includes exploratory classes, including art, music, language, technology, STEM and physical education.
- Begins classes at 8 a.m. and ends classes at 3 p.m. Students may begin arriving at 7:30 a.m.
- Offers an after-school program from 3 p.m. until 6:30 p.m.
- Has a mandatory uniform policy.
- Does not discriminate in its enrollment procedures or educational programs based on intellectual or athletic ability, aptitude, disability, race, class, gender, family structure, sexual orientation, religion, ancestry, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Parent's Right to Know letter - August 27, 2015
2015-2016 Parent/Student Handbook